- Title Pages
- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Chapter One What on Earth?
- Chapter Two A Biocultural Approach
- Chapter Three Medicine You Can Walk On
- Chapter Four Religious Geophagy
- Chapter Five Poisons and Pathogens
- Chapter Six Dismissal and Damnation
- Chapter Seven Pica in Response to Food Shortage
- Chapter Eight Pica as a Micronutrient Supplement
- Chapter Nine Pica to Protect and Detoxify
- Chapter Ten Putting the Pica Pieces Together
- Appendix A Notable Moments in the History of Pica
- Appendix B Prevalence of Pica Among Representative Populations of Pregnant Women (n=47)a
- Appendix C Prevalence of Pica Among Representative Populations of Children (n=11)a
- Appendix D Pica in Literature
- Appendix E Association Between Pica and Iron Deficiency and/or Anemia in Cross-Sectional Studies (n=28) a
- Appendix F Association Between Pica and Zinc Deficiency in Cross-Sectional Studies (n=6)a
- Appendix G Predictions
- Works Cited
- Craving Earth
Sera L. Young
- Columbia University Press
Columbia Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .