- Title Pages
- Foreword to the Second Edition
- Introductory Note
- A Note on the Title
- About the Authors
- Using This Book
- 1 In the Beginning
- 2 So Many Questions
- 3 How the Brain Works
- 4 What Is Schizophrenia?
- 5 Why Me?
- 6 Diagnosing Schizophrenia
- 7 What Will People Think of Me Now?
- 8 Medication
- 9 Out of the Hospital and Staying Well
- 10 Coping with Positive and Negative Symptoms
- 11 Coping with Other Symptoms and Side Effects
- 12 Drugs, Alcohol, and Safer Sex
- 13 Under the Microscope
- 14 Zelda’s Story
- 15 Who Am I Now?
- 16 Getting the Social Services You Need
- 17 Vocational Rehabilitation
- Appendix 1 Client Assistance Program Directory
- Appendix 2 Vocational Rehabilitation Directory
- Appendix 3 Other Resources
- Diagnosis: Schizophrenia, Second Edition, second edition
- Columbia University Press
Columbia Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .