- Title Pages
- 1 The Historical Development of the <i>Trülku</i> Position
- 2 A <i>Trülku</i> as the Head of Society
- 3 Struggle for Buddhist Government
- 4 The Emperor Takes Control
- 5 Buddhist Government under the Imperial Umbrella
- 6 Imperial Authority Over the <i>Trülku</i> Institution
- 7 The Aftermath
- Appendix 1 Tibetan Reincarnation Lines of Major Political Significance
- Appendix 2 Qing Emperors and Qoshot Kings of Tibet
- Tibetan Orthographic Equivalents
- The Dalai Lama and the Emperor of China
- Columbia University Press
Columbia Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .