- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction to Multidimensional Warfare
- 2 The Challenges and Dilemmas Faced by Liberal Democracies Coping with Modern Islamist Terrorism
- 3 The Proportionality Dilemma in Countering Terrorism
- 4 State Involvement in Terrorism
- 5 The Hybrid Terrorist Organization
- 6 Is Liberal Democracy the Solution to Terrorism—or is it Part of the Problem?
- 7 The Rationale of Modern Islamist Terrorism
- 8 The Practical Aspects of an Islamist Terrorist Organization’s Rationale
- 9 Understanding the Rationale behind Different Types of Terrorist Attacks
- 10 The Rationale of the Modern Islamist Terrorist Organization<sup>*</sup>
- 11 Conclusion
- Selected Bibliography
- Global Alert
- Columbia University Press
Columbia Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us .